24 Hour Confidential Crisis Hotlines:

Text HOME to 741741 or call 988  to reach a Crisis Counselor


What if I'm unable to make the event?
  • We will not be recording the event or sessions
  • If you registered and will not be able to attend, please cancel your admission, dinner, and/or childcare. Freeing up a reservation for childcare may allow other families with childcare needs to attend.

Subscribe here to receive

  • Future Not My Kid Event announcements
  • Related community events
  • Related Resources
  • Updated Speaker resources and sessions.
What is an LCSW?

LCSW = Licensed Clinical Social Worker.

California requirements for an LCSW include:

  • Complete 3,000 hours, or two years, of supervised clinical experience.
  • Fill out a license application and pay the $250 application fee.
  • Finish additional required coursework.
  • Pass a criminal background check.
  • Pass the California law and ethics exam and the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) clinical exam.
  • Fill out your application for initial license issuance and pay the $200 fee.
What is an LPCC?

LPCC = Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor

LPCCs also have robust educational requirements.

Their primary focus is usually individuals or families with the purpose of improving mental health. LPCCs are able to diagnose and treat individual patients living with:

  • Personal trauma
  • Mental and emotional illness
  • Substance abuse
  • Psychological and social developmental disorders
What is a PPSC?

Pupil Personnel Services Credential (PPSC) issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing authorizes individuals to provide school services as school social workers, and/or school child welfare and attendance regulators.

How will childcare work?

The event will have childcare available for ages 2 on up through 6th grade between 6 and 8 pm. All kids are welcome to attend the dinner.

Out of respect for the care givers we ask that you pick up your child by 8pm.

Students are welcome to attend the breakout sessions. Parents and Guardians can determine if age appropriate.

Child care at Not My Kid

If you have further questions, please email Angela at Sonora Area Foundation.